Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our EC Shedule...

I thought I would like to record what I am doing with Travis right now, kind of a what each day looks like at this point.

Starting around 6 am…

Travis wakes up and starts wanting to nurse. I quickly take him to the bathroom when he wakes up to pee him. Many times he will poo as well in the morning, although not always. We then nurse and sometimes he will go back to sleep. If he does, I sneak out of bed. J If he doesn’t, I take him potty again and bring him out to play with the kids. He is always happy to see them, as they are him. J

I try to then offer him the potty every 5-10 min. I try to listen to his sounds while I fix breakfast or do other chores, but I catch most of them through timing. If I am holding him, I am also more likely to pick up on when he needs to go.

Usually, he takes a nap around 8-9am. I can usually lay him down or wear him for about 45 min- 1 hour. When he wakes up, I try to get right to him and potty him again. Then we nurse, potty, play, potty, play, potty, etc, until I am pretty sure that he is getting close to needing to sleep again. I like to tie him on at this point, usually around 11:30-12:30. He goes to sleep, and many times I just wear him for as long as I can so I can get something done, although sometimes I can lay him down and he will sleep for a while too.

Sometimes it is more like 1pm when he lays down for his nap and he sleeps until 2:30 or 3:00pm. It is really nice when he does that. I am able to do most of my work in that time. Let me rephrase that. Most of what I get done in the day, is done during that time. J

He goes back to sleep around 5:30 or 6:00pm and then wakes up to eat again. When he wakes up from this nap, he is hungry and doesn’t stop being hungry until 10:30 or 11:00pm. Then he sleeps until about 3:00-4:00, sometimes 5:30am. Then we start it all over.

If I get busy doing something is when I have found that I don’t pick up on when he needs to go. If I get busy on the computer, talking on the phone, or just doing chores, I lose track of time and when I come to get him, he has already wet. Wearing him is a help in solving this, but even then, if I am not focused, I can quickly lose track of time and ignore his signs. I am, however, brought back to task quickly when I find myself being wet on…

Mishaps do happen, and at this point are frequent. But there are fewer than there used to be, even a few weeks ago.

Nichola

http;//peachfarmerswife.blogspot.com

No comments: